Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Mosaic Table

We had an old table with a broken top that I wasn't sure what to do with. This is what I came up with. Created (patiently) from old plates I found around the house and Goodwill, I made an old ugly table into a beautiful accent on our patio.

Supplies:
- Old Plates
- Mosaic Glue
- Grout

Break up the plates (in an old pillow case works well), then arrange them on your surface. Once you have the pieces where you want them, use mosaic glue and glue each piece down. Mix up your grout and spread over and between the pieces. Wipe off the glass and let it dry. Seal the grout and you've got a one-of-a-kind piece of furniture!



As an extra touch, I etched my initials and the year beneath one of the glass pieces as my "signature" on the project.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice Jane, I'm going to mosaic my wrought iron based coffee table because i'm tired of the notty pine look and your table is inspriational
    Jane t

    ReplyDelete